Algoa Toastmasters Humourous /Impromptu Contest
The Algoa Toastmasters Club members went out guns blazing and gave it their all in the club's speaking contest that was held on 23 August 2016. The programme was packed and full of fun. Thank you to all the eager beavers who participated in the contest, the Chief Judge Ricky Woods and all her judges.
Igor Leskor, you did a sterling job as the contest Chair, you were magnificent. Waven Korkie it was truly an auspicious evening our contest Sgt at arms.
The following contestants took part in the Impromptu contest:
Don’t Worry be Happy”
- Angie Kivido
- Belita von Steiger
- Glennis Whitehead
- Marlene van Wyk
- Nicholas Mitchell
- Warren Tagg
The following contestants took part in the Humorous contest:
- Belita von Steiger – “Century of the woman?”
- Glennis Whitehead – “It's a dog's life”
- Marlene Vosloo – “Yes my dear”
- Nicholas Mitchell - “A day in the life of a dad of 6”
- Zanele Hartmann –“Top Deck”
Congratulations to the following Toastmasters who won both the impromptu and humorous speech’s
- Marlene van Wyk- Placed first in both Impromptu and Humorous
- Nicholas Mitchell - Placed second in both Impromptu and Humorous
- Glennis Whitehead - Placed third in both Impromptu and Humorous
Glennis Whitehead’s favourite quote is “Keep your face always towards the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind” Walt Whitman.
This is exactly what Algoa Toastmasters teaches us, to always keep our faces towards the sunshine.
Please visit our Algoa Toastmasters Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/algoatm/
Marlene and Nicholas all the best and good luck for the Area Contest this coming Saturday (27 August 2016)